Eastbourne Chiropractor Discusses Hip Pain
December 1st, 2017 271 post views
Here at Lushington Chiropractic Clinic in Eastbourne, I often get asked about hip pain. If you have hip pain, you are probably trying to find ways to reduce your pain. Walking around Eastbourne isn’t fun when you have hip pain!
What to do? Lushington Chiropractic Clinic is here to help, not only will we be excited to help you walk without pain, we plan our care so that it is specially designed for you and your individual case.
Types of Hip Pain
You probably want to find out what we can do at Lushington Chiropractic Clinic in Eastbourne to help manage your hip pain, but since your care plan is tailored to you we have to know what’s going on with the hip first. Here are the most common reasons people see chiropractors for hip pain and some of these may be familiar to you.
- Inflammatory diseases (like osteoarthritis): This is one of the most common causes of hip pain among the older population. It is a degenerative condition of the joints and has no specific cure, however you could potentially slow the progression and possibly prevent the symptoms from getting worse.
- Inflammation: There are many ways the hip or surrounding ligaments can become inflamed. One is a trauma triggering the space in the hip to become filled with blood or fluid, preventing the femoral head from moving and functioning as it should. Another is bursitis, this is inflammation of the sac outside the hip, which can be caused by overuse or minor trauma.
- Trauma: If you damage your hip via a trauma it is most likely going to hurt. Broken hip bones are more common in the elderly, but strained ligaments in the hip from an accident can hurt too.
- Overuse: Overuse of the hip joint can cause arthritis or inflammation. Everyday activities and routines can place stress / strain on the hip and can inflame the surrounding ligaments, tendons and muscles. This pain can build up gradually overtime.
- Referred pain: Patients often complain of pain in the hip that is originating from nearby nerve pain. For example, a Lushington Chiropractic patient will often complain about hip pain when the actual cause of the pain originates from the back, where bones and muscles are pressing on the nerves due to spinal degeneration.
Do any of those sound familiar to you? As you can see, there are many reasons for a hip to hurt. At Lushington Chiropractic Clinic in Eastbourne we will determine what is causing the pain, so that we can treat it properly. So now that we know why you are suffering from hip pain let’s look at what chiropractors can do about it.
How Chiropractic May Help
After determining the underlying cause of the hip pain, as chiropractors we use chiropractic adjustments of the spine and hip bones as well as incorporate other therapies like exercise, posture advice, stretching, massage, acupuncture and more. For example, if your hip pain is being caused by back pain then spinal adjustments will probably be effective in reducing the pain in the hip.
Your care plan will consist of chiropractic adjustments as the main treatment, however there is lots you can do at home to help yourself. Your chiropractor will discuss and show you exercises, stretching and posture correction exercises to help alleviate your hip pain. At Lushington Chiropractic Clinic in Eastbourne we also have massage therapists that work closely with us, therefore we may refer you to them to help reduce your pain further, depending on where your pain is derived from.
If you would like to find out what the underlying cause of your hip pain may be then please come and visit us.
Lushington Chiropractic Clinic is Eastbourne largest and most award-winning chiropractic clinic. We are based in Eastbourne’s town centre, with easy parking and accessible rooms. Our chiropractic clinic is open late and Saturdays. We have a lovely team of chiropractors serving the people of Eastbourne so if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me on 01323 722499.
Thanks for reading.