Health Benefits of Love
January 28th, 2014 570 post views
Whether you have been married for years or are single and looking for that special someone it is important to make room for love in your life. Love doesn’t just put a sparkle in your life – love can positively affect your health and well-being.
Romance can bring you more than just butterflies in your stomach. It can:
- Lead to a longer life – The National Longitudinal Mortality Study, which has been tracking more than a million people since 1979 found that married people live longer.
- Improve your Physical Fitness – Couples who exercise together have more success than people who exercise alone. Both men and women work between 12 – 15% harder when training with a romantic partner.
- Reduce Stress – People in happy relationships experience less stress and less stress means better health.
- Protect your Heart – A University of Pittsburgh Study found that women in good marriages have a much lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Hugging a loved one daily has also been linked to higher oxytocin levels and lowers blood pressure which is also great for your heart.
While LOVE can bring some surprising health benefits it is also important that you live a healthy lifestyle if you want your heart to keep loving for many more years to come. And the great thing is that your loved ones can play an important role in helping you to achieve those goals. With the right support and motivation, you can conquer some of the greatest health challenges facing you.
Whether it’s quitting smoking, shedding excessive weight, working through stressful situations or developing a more active lifestyle, having a loved one by your side can help to spur you on when the going gets tough.
Love the benefits of Eastbourne Chiropractic
The influence of your loved ones can be huge. But sometimes it can take the guidance of an experienced health professional to get your health and wellbeing on track. The team at Lushington Chiropractic in Eastbourne are on hand for that very reason. We can advise not only on the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions but also on broader healthcare matters. can give you the advice and support you need to change and apply new health strategies.
Call us now on 01323 722499
Lushington Chiropractic is a multi-award winning clinic in Lushington Road, Eastbourne. We provide a range of treatments from expert chiropractic care to nutritional therapy, podiatry, acupuncture counselling and more. We genuinely care about our patients and we have a passion for improving their quality of life.
‘Health is the greatest possession’