New Year Health Resolutions
January 6th, 2016 310 post views
New Year Health Resolutions
James Revell of Lushington Chiropractic in Eastbourne talks about the fight to stick with New Year Health Resolutions
Many of us set New Year Health Resolutions that we struggle to keep. This includes the chiropractors here at Lushington Chiropractic in Eastbourne. Why is that, you ask?
The truth is that all too many resolutions are set based on unrealistic expectations. It’s also true that people feel the need to outline goals even when they are not committed to change. If you were why wouldn’t you make these changes today?
Wouldn’t it be better to simply forget the New Year’s Resolutions you have made and broken and instead start to make lifestyle changes that will result in a healthier you?
The Lushington Chiropractors say – “It is important that any goal you set is SMART for it to be successful.”
To start with, we suggest: stick with one goal at a time, master it, continue with it and move onto the next. It is best to start with the one that’s easiest so that you can be successful. Things such as what we eat, how we exercise, how much rest we get, our posture and what stress we carry around are all factors to consider when making lifestyle changes for better health.
Below are some Examples when setting your SMART Health Goals:
SMART – Drink more water and avoid any fizzy drinks
- This is easy enough
- You have the ability to do this
- This is relevant to your goal of a healthier diet and you can do this without any major hurdles
- Set a time frame of a week initially
SMART – Take the stairs instead of the lift or escalator at work or out shopping
- Easy enough to measure that you have done it
- You have the ability to do this and it is easy enough to incorporate into your daily life
- Relevant to your goal of a healthier lifestyle
- Set an initial timeframe of a week but you will probably find that you will make this change continuously.
SMART – Sitting posture, pull up out of your spine and your shoulders should be back and down
- You should be able to notice a difference
- Everyone has the ability to do this
- Improving posture is relevant to your main health goal
- This is a goal that could be open-ended as it may be difficult initially to remember to change your sitting position from a slouch position that you had previously been used to.
Here at Lushington Chiropractic we can help you by providing advice, guidance and a personalised treatment plan. We genuinely care about our patients and we have a passion for improving their quality of life. Call us today on 01323 722499 to get your New Year off to a good start.
The groundwork for all happiness is good health.
This article was written by Chiropractor James Revell