Recipes from a chiropractor you should try
With the ever-increasing trend of TV chefs, I tend to use more recipes that I find online instead of those trusted recipes shared by friends or family. Everyone goes on about how we should cook healthy at home and that you can do it even with a budget. From my previous experiences, this is easier said than done. As a chiropractor I like to be able to give advice not only about your spinal or joint problem; I also enjoy looking at a person’s overall wellness and this can be altered by what you eat.
Luckily enough, I love to cook and try new things, so I feel it’s important to pass on my recipes from a chiropractor. Today I want to share my trusted healthy turkey burger recipe. Please feel free to use and adapt for your family and friends. They are pretty simple to do and scrumptious to eat.
This recipe uses an ingredient which many people turn their nose up at- turkey mince! Yes, it can become a bit dry and not taste of much. But if you follow this healthy recipe and give it the right amount of care and attention, you’ll be a turkey mince convert in no time!
Plus, turkey mince is a fantastic source of protein- essential amino acids and is also low in fat. Just one serving of turkey provides 65 percent of your recommended daily intake of protein. Research suggests that one such amino acid- tryptophan helps to increase brain serotonin. Serotonin is an effective antidepressant in mild-to-moderate depression.
Turkey meat is also a source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also contains a source of vitamin B6 and niacin, which are both essential for the body’s energy production. So not only are you eat something scrumptious it is also healthy for your brain, mood and will increase your overall energy for that day.
- 400g turkey mince
- Juice of half a lime
- 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, or 2 small
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- Small handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 4 ciabatta rolls, cut in half
- 8 hot peppadew peppers, roughly chopped
- Mix the mince, half lime juice, breadcrumbs, half each of the coriander and onion, and some seasoning until combined. Form into 4 burgers, then chill until ready to cook.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocado with the remaining coriander and onion, the chilli and lime juice, and season.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until hot. Griddle the rolls, cut-side down, for 1 min, then keep warm. Brush the burgers with the oil to keep them from sticking. Cook for 7-8 mins on each side until charred and cooked through. Fill the rolls with the burgers, guacamole and peppadews.
For more healthy recipes from a chiropractor, check out my next yummy salmon recipe.
Want to find out more about health and nutrition?
If you’ve enjoyed this blog and want to find out more about your health and nutrition, then please check out one of our other blogs listed below.
Call now 01323 722499