Two lovely Paleo recipes that I wanted to share with you all as I know we have some Paleo doer’s!! 🙂
Savory Bacon and Maple Meatballs
1lb breakfast sausage (no sugar added)
1 sweet potato
4oz button mushrooms (I used half a container of sliced button mushrooms)
½ yellow onion, peeled
2 tablespoons maple syrup
5-6 slices of bacon
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper, to tast
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place your bacon slices in a pan over medium heat. Cook on both sides until crispy, place on a paper towel to soak up the excess fat and cool, then dice up into small pieces that would fit well in meatballs. Duh.
3. Place your sweet potato in a food processor with the shredding attachment. Shred your sweet potato, remove contents, then shred it once more. You want it pretty fine.
4. Then shred your onion and mushrooms in the same container with the sweet potato that was shredded twice.
5. Add your sweet potato, mushrooms, and yellow onion to a bowl along with your breakfast sausage, maple syrup, garlic clove, diced bacon, and salt and pepper and mix well. Your hands are your best tools.
6. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet then start making your meatballs.
7. What is helpful is using an ice cream scoop so they are all the same size. Roll the scooped out balls in your hands and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all your ingredients are gone.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes until meatballs are golden brown and completely cooked through. Be sure to check one before you turn the oven off!
Paleo Banana Pancakes
- One Banana
- One egg
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- Almond butter
- Coconut oil
- Mash banana
- Mix one egg, add dash of salt & cinnamon, if desired and add in some almond butter.
- Spoon out a round pancake in heated pan over medium heat (add the coconut oil to prevent sticking)
- Let brown on one side, flip to the other side and brown.
- Makes 3 smallish pancakes.
Hope you find these truly delicious! Enjoy cooking x
www.paleospirit.com (banana pancakes)
Lushington Chiropractic is a multi-award winning chiropractic and sports massage clinic in Eastbourne town centre. We provide a range of treatments from expert chiropractic care to nutritional therapy, counselling, acupuncture, podiatry, sports massage and relaxing massage.
We genuinely care about our patients and improving their quality of life. We have an extremely professional and dedicated team who deliver the highest service and have over 80 years expertise between them.
Call now 01323 722499