A Step in the right direction to a healthier lifestyle
We can’t all be marathon runners but a walk each day is a great way to embark on a healthier lifestyle.
The latest research shows that 25 minutes of brisk walking per day could add 7 years to your life. That is a really big deal, so there is no better time to start than right now…..
At Lushington Chiropractic in Eastbourne, the team of chiropractors, massage therapists, clinic assistants and the other practitioners decided to track their own activity with the help of pedometers. These gadgets are a great way of keeping track of how far or how little we are walking each day.
Pedometers are cheap to buy, easy to use, they clip on to your belt and away you go. The Lushington team were supplied with pedometers from Eastbourne Health Champions and in return they were asked to each make a pledge to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Vicky White, one of the Doctors of Chiropractic, had a head start, as she already owned a pedometer.
Eastbourne is a wonderful place for people to get out and about. Even for those who can’t manage a run across the beautiful but hilly South Downs like massage therapist Kirsty Ellis, most people can manage a brisk walk along the lovely flat seafront promenade.
Walking advice from Lushington
Try to build a walk into your daily routine. If you don’t currently do much walking start off gradually and then increase the distance or minutes each time you go out. If you drive to work then try parking further away and walking the rest of the way and if you get the bus then how about getting off a stop earlier – every step counts but to get the real benefits the walk needs to be faster than a stroll! Mykel Mason, Victoria White and Caroline Mulliner our Doctors of Chiropractic walk to work most days.
From Sunday 26th September 2015 to Sunday 4th October, Sussex has its own walking festival so if you are already an experienced walker visit their website for some suggestions for Coast & Country walks. www.sussexwalkingestival.org.uk
The benefits of walking?
- It’s simple
- It’s free
- You don’t need any special equipment
- It’s one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier
- It’s ideal for people of all ages and fitness levels who want to be more active. Walking with others can be fun, so ask a friend to join you
- Eastbourne and our lovely Sussex villages have so many fabulous local walks
- Try to walk briskly for at least 30 minutes most days of the week – As well as improving your health and fitness, regular walking can help to avoid heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers
- Chiropractors also often recommend walking to help people with their back ache
Start your walk to a healthier lifestyle today.
Don’t forget your feet though! A common complaint among walkers is that their feet hurt over more substantial distances. If you are one of these people, why not check out or blog article on “Maintaining Healthy Feet” https://backblog.co.uk/health-and-advice/maintaining-healthy-feet/?
2 responses to “A Step to a healthier lifestyle”
Call now 01323 722499