Although we’re not seeing people face to face at the Clinic, we are offering remote support and advice.
You can reach out to a Duty Chiropractor Monday to Friday between 10am-6pm who’s ready to help.
If you’re getting used to working from home and need some ergonomic advice – give us a call. There’s lots of things we can help with check out this Blog on setting up your desk.
Personalised Exercises, Injury Management and Home Stretch Advice
Now the gyms are closed we’ll be happy to talk you through some home exercises. We’ll happily help suggest some stretches and exercises to suit you.
If you’ve got an injury that’s recovering then we’ll also be able to help with some home rehab advice, linking you to specific online resources helping you to help yourself.
We’re available Monday to Friday 10-6pm.
It is needless to say that there will be no charge for these services, but if you could leave us a review on Google we’d appreciate that and it’ll help let people know that we’re available remotely.
And Finally, a Word from the Clinic Director:
“At Lushington we’ve always prioritised our patient’s needs and although our Prime Minister and our governing body (the General Chiropractic Council) have given a mandate to continue providing emergency care we have for the time being decided we need to take a break.
Anyone who attended recently will have seen the clinic transform dramatically with all our new contamination and disinfection procedures. You’d hardly recognise the place now.
I’d like to thank the clinical and front of house team who worked through these challenging last few weeks to help people in the best way we can.
I’d also like to thank all of you for your kind and supportive comments during this difficult time. I’d especially like to thank the frontline NHS workers we were able to provide care for during our final weeks and days.
Please connect with us remotely. We’d love to hear from you and keep you as fit and active as we can.
Stay safe and look after each other.
James Revell DC,LRCC,MSc(Chiro),BSc(Chiro),Bsc(Biol)
Here are some sources of information we found useful:
Public Health England’s Advice about What the Public Can do to Help
Everyone can help support the UK’s response by:
- Following public health authorities’ advice, for example on hand washing
- Reducing the impact and spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources, such as that on
- Checking and following the latest FCO travel advice when travelling and planning to travel
- Ensuring you and your family’s vaccinations are up to date as this will help reduce the pressure on the NHS/HSCNI through reducing vaccine-preventable diseases
- Checking on elderly or vulnerable family, friends and neighbours
- Using NHS 111 (including online, where possible), pharmacies and GPs responsibly, and go to the hospital only when you really need to
- Being understanding of the pressures the health and social care systems may be under, and receptive to changes that may be needed to the provision of care to you and your family
- Accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home and simple over-the-counter medicines
- Checking for new advice as the situation changes
Go to NHS.UK/coronavirus for information about the virus and how to protect yourself.
For more information see NHS Corona Virus Overview here.
The definition of being in contact with someone with Corona Virus was taken from the governments guidelines on the Investigation and Clinical Management of Possible Cases here.
Useful blog by Public Health Matters on Self Isolation at home.
Government’s advice about staying at home here.
Detailed advice on infection control and guidance for the healthcare and medical sector here.
Up to date information on the number of cases of Corona Virus here.
Guidance for Employees here.
Guidance for Employers here, includes information on how Corona is spread; prevention of spread; how long the virus can survive; facemasks;
Detailed breakdown of the UK response and plan to deal with Corona here.
By Gary Miles
4 responses to “Lushington Chiropractic’s Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19) March 25th”
Call now 01323 722499