On 29th September here at Lushington Chiropractic in sunny Eastbourne (ok, it’s not sunny all of the time but you will always get a warm welcome here at our clinic) the chiropractors, clinic assistants, massage therapists and all of the practitioners will be embarking on our Winter Wellness campaign.
The aim is to take a conscious look at ourselves during Winter Wellness to see if there is anything we can do to improve our health. We will be looking at our lifestyle, trying out new activities and new healthy living ideas . . . and I will let you know how we get on at our half way point and then again at the end.
To kick start it all the Health Trainers from mytimeactive will be at the clinic from 9am – 1pm on the 29th September to measure our Body Mass Index (BMI).
This is open to our guests as well so if you’d like a free BMI test come along and join us.
The other thing that we are launching on that day is our Pedometer Challenge: our team are all being issued with pedometers curtesy of Eastbourne Health Champions. In exchange for the pedometers we will each make a healthy pledge. The practitioners may come up with their own ideas but here are just a few starters for 10 . . .
- Exercise – Using a pedometer is definitely a step in the right direction. It can be surprising how far some of us walk each day; for others it can act as a prompt for us to do a little bit more. Who will take on the challenge to get sweaty for 40 minutes twice a week? Perhaps the Beginners Beachfront Bootcamp that James Revell Doctor of Chiropractic is suggesting will spur us on?
- Forget 5 and try 7 portions of fruit and veg each day – hopefully with the help of a few good recipes we can get one or more of the team to take on this challenge.
- Water, water, water – do we all drink enough of it? We need to aim for at least 3 pints a day.
- Meditate for 15 minutes each day – Acupuncturist Rob Bowley will be giving us some tips on how to do this.
- Get adjusted – make sure we have our regular adjustments at least once per month
- Sleep, rest and recovery – Are we getting enough? Turning off the TV, computer and phone an hour earlier each night could aid our sleep.
- Massage – we have 3 massage therapists here at Lushington. For those who don’t already have a regular massage, this is an opportunity to get one booked in. Steve Clifford who practices CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) here at the clinic will be giving us a demonstration of Rhythmic Movement Massage and our massage therapist Kirsty Ellis is the lucky guinea pig.
So watch this space and we’ll post some regular updates of what we have all signed up to during Winter Wellness.
If you want to use our Winter Wellness period as the catalyst for a healthier, better lifestyle then don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team here at Lushington Chiropractic in Eastbourne at www.chirocare.co.uk.
Call now 01323 722499