Time to put your back into your healthcare!
Back pain is one of the most common reasons for visiting the doctor. In fact, it’s estimated that four out of every five adults (a whopping 80%) will experience back pain at some point in their lives. So what are the causes and what can we do about it?
Some of the reasons are quite obvious: bad posture; prolonged periods of time using computers or tablets; carrying heavy loads. Other contributory factors are less obvious, such as not drinking enough water and not eating the right foods.
The good news is that there are some simple things we can all do to help ourselves . . .
Here at Lushington Chiropractic, we have these top tips to help people look after themselves:
- If you work at a computer, take regular stretch breaks; ensure you sit correctly and that your workstation is ergonomically right for you.
- Take care when lifting – whether you’re at work, doing DIY, gardening or lifting a young child or baby.
- Gardeners and physical workers – always use the right tools, take frequent breaks and do regular stretches.
- Children – carry your schoolbags over both shoulders to prevent uneven weight distribution and take to school only what you need for that day.
- And ladies, it’s time you looked at the contents of your handbag – do you really need all those things you’re lugging around with you all day?
- Finally, get walking! Walking strengthens the body and helps position the spine in the natural shape it was designed for. It also helps to build up core strength, which is important in maintaining good posture. We’re so lucky to have lovely walks locally, check our blog “A Step to a Healthier Lifestyle”.
Further advice and tips on posture, exercise and diet can be found across backblog.co.uk or you can ask your chiropractor at Lushington Chiropractic.
With a 10 year proven, award-winning treatment and care to over 8,000 local people. Call us on 01323 722499
This article was written by Chiropractor – James Revell
By James Revell
Call now 01323 722499